Regional Theatres on the Web
'I know a lot of people who have developed fairly thick concepts of play development and what plays should have. They'll look for the underlying spine, the clarity of the central action, the movement and objectives of the characters, the clarity of the climax, and yada yada yada yada yada. Well, fine. . . . I also know there are plays that have all of those things and are completely uninteresting.'
-- Oskar Eustis
Here's a selection of some of the best known nonprofit theatres -- or at least the best known who've ventured onto the Web. Most are actively involved in new play production and development.
In the United States . . .
- American Repertory Theatre: Cambridge, MA
- Mark Taper Forum: Los Angeles, CA
- Denver Center Theatre Company: CO
- South Coast Repertory: Costa Mesa, CA
- The Goodman Theatre: Chicago, IL
- Crossroads Theatre Company: New Brunswick, NJ
[The leading African American theatre in the USA.]
- The Public Theater/NYSF: New York, NY
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival: Montgomery, AL
- Manhattan Theatre Club: New York, NY
- Cleveland Public Theatre: Cleveland, OH
- Arena Stage: Washington, D.C.
- Actors Theatre of Louisville: Louisville, KY
In Canada & England . . .
And for a real alternative to this corporate model . . .
RETURN TO: | Business | Seminar Homepage |
THE PLAYWRITING SEMINARS: THE FULL-LENGTH PLAY
Copyright © 1995-2007 by Richard Toscan [email@example.com]